HOW SEPTIC SYSTEM SAVER® WORKS
What To Expect
How the Septic System SaverSaver® Works
The Septic System Saver® works by fundamentally changing the bio-chemical process from a passive anaerobic mode to an active aerobic mode. This is accomplished by controlled aeration of the wastewater in the septic tank. The Septic System Saver® strategically increases the dissolved oxygen level in the septic tank creating an aerobic environment. The biomat forming anaerobic bacteria cannot survive in this oxygen rich environment and quickly die. In their place, a colony of highly active and naturally occurring aerobic bacteria begin to flourish in the tank.
Within 24 – 48 hours the aerobic bacteria dominate the environment. After this period, the system will be completely free of septic (rotten egg) odor and be replaced with light earthy or musty scent. Being 20X – 30X more aggressive than the anaerobic bacteria, the aerobic bacteria reduce the waste and pathogens by 70% – 95%! The results are very clean water with very little organic material flowing to the dispersal module. The water will be an odorless light tea color.
The significant reduction in wastewater strength flowing to the dispersal module immediately begins to starve the biomat of a food source. As with any other living organism, without a food source it cannot survive and begins to die off, breakdown and become permeable again. In addition to the starvation of the biomat, oxygen rich wastewater containing aerobic bacteria flows to the dispersal module, where it begins digesting the biomat.
Septic System Saver® Works!
In summary, an anaerobic system treats 30% – 50% of the waste in the septic tank, relying on the dispersal module to treat 50% – 70% of the waste. After conversion using the Septic System Saver®, 80% – 95% of the waste is treated in the septic tank and the dispersal module must only treat the balance of 5% – 20%. This is the science that successfully recovers failed or failing dispersal modules. In addition to reactively addressing the biomat, the Septic System Saver® can be installed to avoid and maintain biomat permeability.
What to Expect After Installing Septic System Saver®
- There should be no septic odor from the system after 2-5 days of installation. Call us immediately if odor is persistent.
- Ponding may move to different locations in the Drainfield.
- If ponding remains during the early stages of recovery, it should be odor free.
- “Bubbles” or “foaming” may be present above the cleanout cover during early stages of recovery.
- Depending on the degree of deterioration of the Drainfield, it may be necessary to have your Septic Tank or Cesspool pumped during the early stages of the recovery process until enough recovery has been done to handle daily flow rates.
- Continue to operate the Septic System Saver® as prescribed. Just because your system performance has improved dramatically, do not assume the problem is completely fixed!
- Exercise patience. Your system developed problems over many years and it will take time to reverse and eliminate the effects of the anaerobic process.
- Follow the Do’s and Don’ts of Septic Systems.
SEPTIC TANK RISER KITS
Bring your septic cover to the surface so it is easy to service the tank. A septic tank riser kit makes installation of Septic System Saver even easier!