Most homeowners don’t want to think about where their sewage goes however these thoughts can be at the top of someone’s mind if they’ve septic system problems. Homeowner not serviced by city sewage services most likely have to deal with septic system problems. Some typical signs septic system problems may not be functioning properly include water draining slowly from sinks, patches of landscaping that are growing better than surrounding due to increased fertilizer, and dead areas of grass due to release of harmful gases from the septic system. Another problem exhibited from an improperly functioning septic system is an intense smell either in the house or in the landscaping.
Understanding the basic septic system construction is pretty simple. Septic systems usually route household wastes from toilets and sinks through piping to an underground holding tank which then connects to the drain field. In most area, the septic system works by gravity but very flat terrain may necessitate the installation of a pump to transfer the wastes. Essentially, solid and liquid wastes travel through piping from the home to the tank where they are separated. The liquids and lighter solids are routed fairly quickly to a drain field. Natural bacteria in the soil aid in the breakdown of the waste products. The more solid material requires an extended holding time inside the tank where anaerobic bacteria can work to break them down in smaller pieces that are able to pass into the drain field.
One common septic system problems is the capacity of these anaerobic bacteria to break down large amounts of waste. New technology is available to remediation current systems by adding a vigorous aerobic process. The additional air allows for the development of aerobic bacteria in addition to the existing anaerobic ones. The incoming sewing is then broken down by both types, dramatically increasing efficiency. Anaerobic bacteria in the septic tank are capable of reduced harmful constituents in wastewater about 35% which leaves the drain field to perform about 65% of the cleansing. The converted aerobic system is able to reduce the constituents by over 90% leaving much less work for the drain field.
Other common problems with septic systems are complaints of the rotten egg smell they emit. Septic tanks that have been converted into aerobic units by controlled aeration have a light earthy odor similar to topsoil. Another serious concern regarding anaerobic septic systems is the effects of hydrogen sulfide gas generated by the anaerobic bacteria when the digest the wastes. The gas is corrosive and wreaks havoc on both concrete and steel. The system can literally fall apart from the corrosive effects. Solving septic system problems with a product from Septic System Saver® can be less expensive than replacing the whole system.
Septic System Saver remediation can solve just about any problem you may experience with septic tanks. Furthermore, the maintenance that Aero-Stream provides does more than just fix what is not working. This company can extend the life of your septic tank by improving its elimination. This will create a cleaner effluent and eradicate the odor sometimes associated with septic tanks. Aero-Stream does all this at a cost which is much more affordable than the usual septic service solution and it does it with no excavation or alteration to your landscaping.
In typical septic tanks that are not treated with Aero-Stream’s unique process, a layer of sludge known as biomat forms along the floor of the tanks and creeps up the walls over time. This biomat seals off the normal escape for a tanks’ discharge. This happens due to the lack of oxygen inside the tank, which does not allow aerobic bacteria to consume materials in the tank as well as they could.
Aero-Stream developed a process which introduces oxygen into septic tanks. This allows aerobic bacteria, which need the oxygen, to thrive. As they increase in number and strength, these bacteria more efficiently consume the materials in septic tanks. Consequently, the biomat shrinks and eventually disappears. This permits septic tanks to discharge through permeable layers into their drain fields. Often, backed-up septic tanks return to functioning condition in a matter of weeks and their discharge is now 90 percent cleaner than before.
The Aero-Stream process does this at a fraction of the cost of a normal septic tank pumping. It does not require that anyone dig up their septic tanks or leach fields. Thus, there is no need to ruin the landscaping that is in place over full septic tanks.